Sensor A5S0DD4 for detection of rotational speed and direction of rotation with two phase-shifted speed signals and highest safety requirements up to SIL3
The BRAUN Speed Sensors Series A5S0 are TÜV certified for SIL3 acc. IEC 61508:2010 and therefore meet the high SIL3 standards.
The correct choice of sensor is always a prerequisite to achieving a successful solution. Therefore BRAUN A5S0 sensors base on the proven Differential-Hall-Effect principle. Their low end of 0 Hz allows monitoring the machine down to zero speed. They are contact-free, wear-free, maintenance-free, and unsusceptible versus external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration. These characteristics make the series of A5S0 sensors especially suited for all applications where high accuracy and reliability are at a premium.
In contrast, other sensors like magnet-inductive or static Hall-sensors do not meet these demands.
Each sensor in the series is available in various lengths and diameters and comes with a choice of connections. However, functionally all sensors have the same characteristics.
The stainless steel sensor housing is sealed at the front and is pressure-resistant (>200bar). A flat shaft is available or with a screw-in thread M12x1, M14x1, M14x1,5, M16x1, M16x1,5, M18x1, M18x1,5, M22x1, 5/8-18UNF-2A. Customized dimensions and thread specifications are possible.
- SIL3/IEC 61508:2010 certified by TÜV
- Detection of rotational speed and direction of rotation with two phase-shifted speed signals in non-hazardous areas
- Speed range from 0 Hz to 25 kHz
- Dual Channel,
the output displays the rotational speed as a twin-track frequency signal (phase-shifted)
- Suitable for external direction detection with enhanced safety
- Air gap to the target/pole wheel up to 2.5 mm (depending on the profile size)
- Temperature range -40…+125 °C (-40…+255 °F)
- Differential principle diminishes the influence of external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration
- Sealed stainless steel enclosure > 200 bar pressure to the sensor tip
- Available for connection via tight plug, or with fixed Teflon® cable
- Powerful square wave output signal equally high over the entire speed range
- Sensor short circuit proof and protected versus polarity error
- Accepting fine and coarse profiles, as gear wheels, slots, cams, holes in any ferrous material
- Contact-free with a large air gap, so the potential for damage is eliminated
- Wear-free due to its unique design principle
- Maintenance-free during Lifetime, therefore minimized TCO
- Unsusceptible versus external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration
- Operates down to zero speed
- Cannot be damaged by faulty wiring
- Almost every target profile can be used
- A5S0 sensors do not influence each other; no mounting distance in between is required