Sensor A5S0DS3 for detection of rotational speed and direction of rotation
and highest safety requirements up to SIL3
The BRAUN Speed Sensors Series A5S0 are TÜV certified for SIL3 acc. IEC 61508:2010 and therefore meet the high SIL3 standards.
The correct choice of sensor is always a prerequisite to achieving a successful solution. Therefore BRAUN A5S0 sensors base on the proven Differential-Hall-Effect principle. Their low end of 0 Hz allows monitoring the machine down to zero speed. They are contact-free, wear-free, maintenance-free, and unsusceptible versus external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration. These characteristics make the series of A5S0 sensors especially suited for all applications where high accuracy and reliability are at a premium.
In contrast, other sensors like magnet-inductive or static Hall-sensors do not meet these demands.
Each sensor in the series is available in various lengths and diameters and comes with a choice of connections. However, functionally all sensors have the same characteristics.
The stainless steel sensor housing is sealed at the front and is pressure-resistant (>200bar). A flat shaft is available or with a screw-in thread M12x1, M14x1, M14x1,5, M16x1, M16x1,5, M18x1, M18x1,5, M22x1, 5/8-18UNF-2A. Customized dimensions and thread specifications are possible.
- SIL3/IEC 61508:2010 certified by TÜV
- Detection of rotational speed and direction of rotation in non-hazardous areas
- Speed range from 0 Hz to 12 kHz
- Dual Channel,
1 track = rotational speed as frequency, 1 track = F/R status as binary signal
- Air gap to the target/pole wheel up to 2.5 mm (depending on the profile size)
- Temperature range -40…+125 °C (-40…+255 °F)
- Differential principle diminishes the influence of external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration
- Sealed stainless steel enclosure > 200 bar pressure to the sensor tip
- Available for connection via tight plug, or with fixed Teflon® cable
- Powerful square wave output signal equally high over the entire speed range
- Sensor short circuit proof and protected versus polarity error
- Accepting fine and coarse profiles, as gear wheels, slots, cams, holes in any ferrous material
- Contact-free with a large air gap, so the potential for damage is eliminated
- Wear-free due to its unique design principle
- Maintenance-free during Lifetime, therefore minimized TCO
- Unsusceptible versus external magnetic stray fields and machine vibration
- Operates down to zero speed
- Cannot be damaged by faulty wiring
- Almost every target profile can be used
- A5S0 sensors do not influence each other; no mounting distance in between is required